We had a great weekend of canvassing. We were able to talk to over 100 voters and had over 22 faculty volunteer over the course of 2 days. Let’s keep that momentum going!
This weekend Scott Hoshida and Cleavon Smith are hosting a Fundraiser for Cindi Reiss on Oct 7th from 2pm-4pm. Click here to see details and RSVP via Evite.
SAVE THE DATES!
Next week we’ll be working with the Alameda Labor Council to reach out to union members across the East Bay to support pro-public education candidates. Please save the dates below:
Phone Banks: Oct 9th, 10th, and 11th from 4-7pm
- Sunday, 10/7, 2:00- 4:00 PM: Hosted by Scott Hoshida & Cleavon Smith RSVP HERE
- Friday, 10/12, 5:30-7:30 PM: Hosted by Kimberly King & Peter Brown RSVP HERE
- Saturday, 10/13, 3-5 PM: Hosted by Jennifer Shanoski, RSVP HERE
Canvasses: Oct 13th and 14th (from 10am-2pm)
- Saturday, 10/13, 10-2 PM: for Corean Todd with OEA, Horace Mann Elementary School 5222 Ygnacio Ave, Oakland, CA 94601
- Sunday, 10/14, 10-2 PM: for Cindi Reiss, PFT office 500 E 8th St, Oakland, CA 94606
These events are extremely important and could be the difference between winning the change we want to see on the Board or status quo. I urge you all to talk to fellow faculty member, friend, family or neighbor about voting for PFT endorsed candidates Cindi Reiss in Area 5 and Corean Todd in Area 3 AND joining you as a volunteer next week.